You have the capacity to develop a fulfilling life through your own actions and beliefs. Washington University Wellness Connection wants to provide a little motivation to help you thrive!
Even taking small steps toward a larger personal goal is worth celebrating. Each time you make the healthy choice we say ‘yay’! Did you walk a little further today? Yay! Did you get your flu shot? Yay! Are you talking with your doctor about your health? Yay! Yay! Yay!
When you engage in certain Wellness Connection events and resources, you can earn points toward a $50 gift card for you or someone you care about. Log in to your WashU WebMD Portal and click on the ‘Rewards’ tab at the top of your home page to keep track of your points. You will find a variety of rewardable actions that suit your lifestyle and goals.
Examples of Rewardable Activities – See full list on your WashU WebMD Portal
- Complete your routine wellness screening = 25 points
- Talk to a WebMD Health Coach = 15 points (can repeat 3 times for credit)
- Participate in a Health Happening = 5 points
- Complete a routine dental exam = 10 points
- Participate in a monthly wellness workshop or webinar = 5 points/month
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST complete your WebMD Health Assessment to be eligible for any gift cards.
Tips for Earning Points
- Read through all of the rewardable wellness activities on the ‘Rewards’ page of your WashU WebMD Portal to see which you find valuable for your personal goals. Some activities are time-sensitive, so start early so that you can earn as many points throughout the year as possible!
- Some points will be automatically awarded once you complete the activity. For example, you will see your points for completion of your wellness screening once your lab values have been uploaded to your Portal. This usually takes about 2 weeks once the results have been received.
- Some activities are self-reported and you must enter the pertinent information on the WebMD Portal Rewards page to earn points. For example, you will need to report whether you received your annual flu shot beginning in September 2017 if you wish to earn points for this activity.
- Participation in this rewards program is voluntary. If you earn 50 points, you will automatically earn a $50 gift card and this amount is taxable income. You can earn up to 100 points and two (2) $50 gift cards before 12/31/2017.
How do I receive my $50 gift card?
To choose and redeem your gift card, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your WashU WebMD Portal.
- Once you’re on your Portal Home page (not the Rewards page), look for the ‘Notices’ section in the lower right corner of the page.
- Click on ‘Secure Messages’.
- Click on the email with the subject heading ‘Washington University has sent you a gift card.’
- Follow the instructions for choosing and redeeming your gift card.
If you’re having difficulty accessing your Portal or have questions about your gift card, please contact WebMD customer service at 888-383-8742.
Please note that this is taxable income. The value of your reward(s) will appear on your next paycheck as “Wellness.”