WashU Moves is an activity challenge for all benefits-eligible, Washington University faculty, staff, clinical fellows and postdoctoral appointees. Sponsored by Wellness Connection, an initiative of Washington University Human Resources, our goal is to help you incorporate more movement into your daily life.
Spring 2017 Challenge starts March 15th! Registration is open.
To register for WashU Moves:
- Login or register on your WashU WebMD portal using your WUSTL Key.
- Click on the blue Challenge icon on your Portal home page.
- Create/join a team – choose your team name and display name.
- Sync your fitness tracker or smartphone app (optional).
- Start moving! Log your activity on your Portal.
- Earn rewards!
Click here for information about activity trackers.
Walking is one of the easiest ways to get moving and improve your health. Research shows that taking 10,000 steps per day (about 5 miles) can significantly improve your overall fitness and reduce your risk for myriad diseases. Increased activity can also boost your mood and improve productivity.
Participants are challenged to log 10,000 steps per day over the 100-day challenge. Employees can engage in a variety of activities and convert that movement into steps using our conversion guide. Rewards points will be awarded to individuals who achieve the 500,000 steps, 750,000 steps, and 1 million steps milestones! “Personal Best” rewards points will be presented to participants who increase their total individual score (step count) during this challenge as compared to their score in the previous WashU Moves challenge held from September 7 to December 15, 2016. Participants who log at least 50 days of activity in their WebMD Portal will be eligible for a WashU Moves t-shirt.
- WebMD technical support: 1-888-383-8742
- GARMIN technical support: 1-800-800-1020 (ext. 2)