Discover the resources available to help you achieve your personal wellness goals. Representatives from university vendors, departments and local businesses will share information, provide free screenings, free samples and answer your wellness questions. Mark your calendar for these annual events!
School of Medicine Campus
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Eric P. Newman Education Center
- FREE Fitness Screenings! Provided by the Washington University Program in Physical Therapy, participants can complete several assessments, including body composition, posture, and balance. No appointment necessary. For the best estimation of your body composition, please consider the following:
- Do NOT wear pantyhose or footed tights – you must have bare feet. Layer clothing so that you can remove bulky sweaters or outerwear before stepping on the scale.
- Avoid exercise and perspiring for 4 hours before the assessment.
- Avoid eating right before the measurement. Fasting overnight is best; otherwise, do not eat at least 2 hours before the measurement.
- Use the restroom before the assessment.
- FREE Chair Massage! Relax with a chair massage from Massage Envy licensed massage therapists. Appointments are first come, first serve, and participants will need to complete a waiver prior to their appointment.
- Current List of Registered Vendors
- Alzheimer’s Association: St. Louis Chapter
- Bank of America
- Bear Bucks
- Bernard Becker Medical Library
- Big River Running
- Big Shark Bicycle Company
- BJC WellAware
- Bon Appetit: Cafe Farmstead & Shell Cafe
- Breast Health Center: Barnes Jewish Hospital
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions
- City Chiropractic
- ComPsych Guidance Resources: EAP Services
- Contraceptive Choice Center (C3)
- Express Scripts
- Family Resource Center: St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Human Resources: Learning & Development
- Human Resources: Wellness Connection
- Lactation Room Program
- Laurie’s Shoes
- Local Farmer CSA
- Lung Function Screening: St. Louis College of Health Careers
- Massage Envy Chair Massage
- Masterpeace Studios
- Program for the Elimination of Cancer Disparities
- Safety Stop: St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Schnucks Markets
- St. Louis Community Credit Union
- Sustainability Action Team
- TAMPITI Trial
- The Walking Company
- United Healthcare Nurse Advocate Teresa Fisher
- United Healthcare
- University College
- Volunteer for Health (Research Participant Registry)
- Washington University Center for Community Health Partnership and Research (REACH)
- Washington University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Washington University Employer Assisted Housing Program
- Washington University Environmental Health & Safety
- Washington University Heart Care Institute
- Washington University Office of Recreation
- Washington University Physicians: Ask the Experts
- Washington University Physical Therapy
- WebMD Health Services
- Weight Watchers
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
We value your feedback and hope to make the Health Happening a helpful and informative event. Please take a moment to complete a short evaluation to help us plan future events: https://wustl.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cTsAvviauD477fv.