From August 1 – August 28 – Make time to focus on yourself and see what a difference it can make in your life. Registration is open from Monday, July 17th through Friday, August 4th.
The 28-Day activity is a wellness activity for all benefits-eligible Washington University faculty, staff, clinical fellows, and postdoctoral appointees. Our goal is to help you de-stress and feel more resilient in your daily life by bringing awareness to the signs and symptoms of distress and connecting employees with the resources available to them through the university.
Learn more about how to register for and participate in this wellness opportunity by viewing these informational slides.
To participate in the 28-Day activity:
- Login to your WashU WebMD Portal through our website or Wellness At Your Side mobile app.
- Click on the “Stress Less” icon on your Portal home page.
- Register as an individual and continue to track your stress management efforts.
- Earn rewards!
How it Works
Participants are encouraged to complete 5 minutes of a relaxing, enjoyable activity of their choosing each day throughout the 28-day endeavor.
Those who meet the minimum participation requirement by recording “Yes” or “No” for at least 21 of 28 days will be awarded 5 Yay! points towards a Wellness Connection Rewards gift card. Those who are active for at least 21 days and recorded “Yes” for at least 14 days will be entered into a raffle for a one in ten chance of winning a $25 Wellness Connection Rewards gift card. Winners of the raffle drawing will be announced in September once Stress Less has officially closed.
Making the Time to Focus on You
Stress can have surprising effects on overall health; from the way we think and feel to the way we eat and behave. There are lots of ways stress can affect you, but you can have a major effect on your stress, too. Taking as little as 5 minutes for yourself to unwind each day can make a difference. There are lots of ways to relieve stress—what works for you is what’s important. Try stretching, meditating, or doing something you enjoy. Focus on yourself during Stress Less and see what a difference it can make in your life.
Reducing stress is easier said than done, so throughout Stress Less you’ll be provided tips and activities to help you stay on track. Track your relaxation progress and get helpful tips in your WebMD Portal or through the mobile app.
- Stress Less takes place August 1 – August 28. Registration is open from Monday, July 17th through Friday, August 4th.
- To participate, you must register online and begin recording your daily relaxation activity by Friday, August 4th. If you opt out after August 4th, you will not be able to re-enroll.
- Starting on Monday, August 1st, participants can begin recording their daily relaxation activities. Participants have until Friday, September 1st to record all “Yes” or “No” entries.
You relax. We reward.
Participants who meet the minimum reporting requirement by recording “Yes” or “No” for at least 21 of the 28 days will be awarded 5 yay! points towards a Wellness Connection gift card in September once Stress Less has officially closed. Participants who meet the minimum reporting requirement and record “Yes” for at least 14 of the 28 days will be entered into a raffle drawing for a one in ten chance of winning a $25 Wellness Connection gift card.
Make sure to log your progress by Friday, September 1st to earn your rewards.
Customer Service for Stress Less
WebMD Customer Service is available to walk you through registering and participating, and can also answer questions regarding the WashU WebMD Portal, Wellness At Your Side mobile app, rewards, WashU Moves, or any of the WebMD Portal tools. WebMD customer service is available with evening and weekend hours at 1-888-383-8742.
For any other questions, contact email@example.com.
Every week during the Stress Less activity, Wellness Connection will send participants a newsletter highlighting various opportunities to address mental and emotional well-being during our 28-day activity and beyond. You can view these newsletters here:
- Week 1: August 1, 2017 newsletter
- Week 2: August 8, 2017 newsletter
- Week 3: August 15, 2017 newsletter
- Week 4: August 22, 2017 newsletter
Frequently Asked Questions for Stress Less