Washington University’s Wellness Connection is an initiative of the Office of Human Resources to promote evidence-based, data-driven wellness programs for benefits-eligible faculty, staff, postdoctoral appointees and clinical fellows.
Our goal is to design and deliver wellness initiatives that meet employees where they are, while fostering holistic growth: physically, emotionally, financially, socially and spiritually. We aim to provide ample opportunities for faculty and staff to set high standards for personal health decision-making, promote consistent community support and advocate for public health policies that will be a positive example for our students and our community.
Wellness Connection Objectives
- Provide a digital platform for employees to assess their current health status, engage in health education programs, set goals for improving health decision-making, and track progress.
- Offer year-round health and wellness communication and on-campus programming that support employees’ personal wellbeing goals.
- Collaborate with departments and organizations throughout the University and the larger St. Louis community to create a cohesive approach to community health and wellness.
- We believe that people have the capacity to develop creative and fulfilling lives through their own actions and beliefs.
- We believe that healthy people are more effective workers, family and community members.
- We believe the best way to encourage individuals to make healthy decisions is to create an environment in which they can motivate themselves.
- We believe that the process is just as important as the outcomes and we aim to engage every employee in designing and sustaining our community initiatives.